Thursday, November 5, 2009

Google This, Dude!

Interesting story about googling--basically revealing that the first few words entered and google's guess about your question produce some very interesting divisions:  you is vs you are; what is up with vs how is it that, etc.  Take a look and then play.

I tried "why does":


What a strange set of responses: eye twitch, gray hair, even poop floating make sense.   But perhapsthe strangest one is why does love always feel like a battlefield?  Does this reflect the enduring relevance of Pat Benatar?  And, of course, I am thrilled that one of the responses is about Harry Potter--Snape's killing of Dumbledore.

I could do this all day.  But how about one more?

 I find a recurring theme--poop and dogs eating poop.  "Why did I get married?"  If you are asking google this, then perhaps one needs a bit more help than the internet.

"Why is there a dead pakistani on my couch?"  Oh my.

Actually, that is due to Lost, perhaps:


And try "who says"

2 comments:

Spew Jr. said...

I regret to inform you that the question why does love alway feel like a battlefield? is referring the Jordin Spark's song "Battlefield" which is similar in a way less rocking way to Pat Benetar's song. This is actually a lyric in Jordin Spark's song where as in Pat Benetar's song it is just Love is a Battlefield.

Steve Greene said...

I tried "how does j" and learned about something called jelqing. You might want to look into it :-).