Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nothing for Something (cont)

I posted a day or two ago about the real money for virtual money industry.  I was puzzled.  Not by the sellers but by the consumers.  Well, now the sellers look far worse.  The CEO Zynga, one of the big ones on facebook, readily admits that they built the business in the early days with some very nasty tactics:
I did every horrible thing in the book to, just to get revenues right away. I mean we gave our users poker chips if they downloaded this zwinky toolbar which was like, I dont know, I downloaded it once and couldn't get rid of it.
So, I just un-installed Mafia Wars even though I didn't buy any of their points.  And I will be dumping a few of the other similar types of games as a result over the next few weeks.  Too bad, as the games did create a few friendships and did help me connect with old friends. 

No comments: