Friday, May 10, 2013

Deja Vu in American Politics

The Benghazi stuff may not be entirely about the GOP hate for Hillary Clinton, but it reminds me of something I was thinking in 2008.  I thought that Obama, because he did not have the Clinton history, might have an easier time with the GOP, given how much the GOP hated the Clintons.  I remembered the late 1990s with impeachment, the conspiracy theories and all the rest, so I figured it had to be better for Obama. 

As it turns out, I was probably wrong.  I mean, could the Republicans have been less cooperative with a President Hillary Clinton than with Obama?  Could they have engaged in darker, more wild conspiracy thinking about President Clinton in 2010 than President Obama?

And then I see the stuff about Benghazi and I think: maybe. 

No comments: