Monday, October 2, 2017

A Fool and His Beard

Tis a beautiful day in DC.  I was originally supposed to fly home from Latvia via DC yesterday, but was invited to participate in an event at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (not that other CSIS) on the Kurdish referendum.  I laid over... but my bag did not.  So much for my clever plan (usually I have to pickup my bag and check through customs when I fly from someplace else into the US and then onto Canada, not htis time).  So, I had to go to CVS today, and had an epiphany:

I am a bad beard owner?  I went to the CVS for some stuff that was in my bag in Ottawa, and found a heap of shelf space dedicated to various beard maintenance stuff.  Oh my.  After more than thirty years of beardedness with a few short periods of unfuzz along the way, I realized I am not spending enough money on beard products--wax, cleaner, etc.  I feel like I owe my beard an apology.  Sorry, dude.

Either that or Dupont Circle CVS plays to the hipsters who find new ways to spend money on stuff that is bad (Pabst Blue Ribbon) or unnecessary (beard wax).  Hmmm.

No comments: